This is going to tie in with a lot of things. In general, the best reason I’ve heard is that they are attempting to replace the Bible with the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Gnostic Gospels. They are attempting to pull the rug right under Christianity with hoaxes like this.
- The texts are not written on parchment, papyrus, or copper. They are fakes and are written on whatever the fakers decide to write them on so they looked real.
- Stories and ideas mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls such as the Community Rule, War Scroll, Pesher on Habakkuk, and the Rule of the Blessing are made up. All of the 2400 pages of text have been faked.
- Numerology markers include 11 caves in which the scrolls were found, 33 manuscripts found in the 2nd cave, carbon dating for 33 CE, being hidden during a Jewish revolt in 66CE,
- The Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris and the Verbum Domini at the Vatican are flagged, probably as Intelligence owned.
- All the testing and analyzing of the scrolls have been faked. This includes test for morphology at Trinity Western University, the multi-spectral imaging by the Israeli Antiquity Authority (sponsored by NASA and Google), infrared photography done by the Palestine Archaeological Museum, and all of the digital copies made available online.
- The entire Qumran-Sadducean theory is made up to create a people behind the scrolls.
- Stories of pieces of the scrolls disappearing from private collectors hands are fake.
- Stories of the scrolls being stolen by Jordan and Israel during the Six Day War are false.
There are also signals towards the Aleppo Codex
- The letters describing the Aleppo Codex being held for ransom in 1050 and discovered in 1952 by Shelomo Dov Goltein are fakes.
- The 1947 Anti-Jewish riots in Aleppo are flagged as either fake or exaggerated. Also flagged is the story of the Codex being damaged during the riot and only half of the manuscript surviving.
- Although it is not directly flagged in the wiki, I suspect the Aleppo Codex is a fake.